The EOSC Data Type Registry allows the registration of PID metadata elements as data types including provenance information and human readable description. The data types will be assigned with a PID which allows the use in PID metadata.
Based on the provided validation schema, PID metadata records can be validated. Additionally, tools will be provided to help explore and precisely search existing data types.
- Register and assign a PID to a data type
- Reuse registered data types to build complex data types
- Update data type information such as provenance and description
- Retrieve validation schema for simple and complex data types
- Explore and search existing data types
With the EOSC Data Type Registry we can achieve a machine actionable standardisation of PID metadata for general purpose research data objects.